MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
- Position underwritten by Scripps Howard Foundation
- Only one Scripps Howard Communication Internship per student
- Must be a Junior or Senior with a major in communication studies, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field
- Intern needed for 2018 Spring Semester (January - May)
- Pays $10 per hour
Springtime is a busy marketing and communications time of year for Children’s Law Center as we produce our signature fundraising event Dancing with the CLC Stars and we prepare for our Annual Appeal Fundraising Campaign. Both of these events require significant electronic and paper based communications as well as significant media contact.
The intern will work with the Development Director and other members of the CLC team to plan and execute all communication and marketing efforts involved with these two major events and any other marketing and communication opportunities that arise as the result of our work representing disadvantaged children and youth.
Since the intern is a vital part of our signature fundraising event Dancing with the CLC Stars, the Internship will need to continue through our event on May 31, 2018.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a knack for creativity in communications
- Skilled in the usual business office software systems and social media
- Marketing knowledge is a plus as is knowledge of web-based communication.
- Ability to work with others is required; CLC is a team environment and the intern will be an integral member of this team
- Must be able to participate in brainstorming sessions and be able to communicate their ideas freely with other team members
Scripps Howard Foundation supports this paid internship for undergraduate junior and seniors. Please do not apply if you already have a full schedule of activities, school and work. Students with the required skills who are interested in learning about philanthropy, non-profit organizations, adding work samples to their portfolio and making a meaningful work contribution should apply. Students should be prepared to provide writing samples if interviewed. Many organizations use the cover letter and resume as writing samples so please ensure these documents are perfect before applying for this highly competitive position.
Send cover letters and resumes to Development Director John Vissman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-431-3313. You can also apply through HireNKU and HireUC.