CLC IS HIRING... APPLY TODAY!
Children’s Law Center VISTA Volunteer
What You Should Know:
- Candidate MUST commit to a full year of work starting August 2017
- Candidate MUST live in the Lexington, KY area or be willing to move there
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or have permanent resident status
- Living allowance is $11,676
- At the end of your successfully completed year of service, you’ll be given a Segal Educational Award of $5,500
- Other available benefits include healthcare support, child care assistance, life insurance, and travel to pre-service orientation
- Position can be combined with academic credit opportunities (interns, practicum experiences) with school’s permission
The VISTA member, under the supervision of the Managing Attorney in the Lexington office of the Children’s Law Center, would develop and implement a long term, sustainable, fundraising and outreach strategy to target individuals and groups in Lexington and the Bluegrass Region.
- Coordinate with CLC Development Director and Managing Attorney to develop on-going, sustainable, fundraising activities inLexington
- Create an outreach strategy, including organizing and/or attending community education events to promote CLC Lexington; distributing CLC brochures to area organizations; enhancing social media presence; and other activities as approved by Managing Attorney
- Update and maintain database of potential donors in Lexington
- Collaborate with University of Kentucky student groups who can assist with fundraising and outreach efforts
- Identify potential community partners, supporters and donors in Lexington/Fayette County; Email copies of Annual Report to newly added potential donors
- Create on-going fundraising events and strategies within Lexington community
- Develop a social media strategy to target Lexington groups and individuals
The Children’s Law Center exists to protect and enhance the legal rights of children through quality legal representation, research and policy development, and training and education of attorneys and others regarding children’s rights issues.
Americorps VISTA is a long-term volunteer program dedicated to fighting poverty in the United States. Members dedicate a year of their life to build capacity at an organization and fight poverty in their community. VISTA members generally do not provide direct services, but instead focus their efforts on building the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and otherwise assist low-income communities. VISTAs develop programs to meet a need, write grants, and recruit and train volunteers.
*If interested in applying for this position, send your resume to Managing Attorney Amanda Mullins Bear (email@example.com)
For any other questions regarding job opportunities, feel free to contact our Covington office at 859-431-3313 or our Lexington office at 859-253-3353