Homeless Youth Project - Part Time Staff Attorney
Part-time position available immediately for a highly motivated attorney to work with Children’s Law Center and youth-focused social service agencies to support a multi-faceted initiative to end youth homelessness in Cincinnati. Candidates must have a J.D. and admission to practice law in Ohio (or eligibility for admission). Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with youth and young adults, and possess a strong working knowledge of civil legal services, the juvenile justice, criminal justice, social services, and education systems.
Specific job responsibilities include:
1) Conduct assessments to identify legal barriers faced by youth at-risk of experiencing homelessness;
2) Provide legal advice and representation to youth in court, schools and with administrative agencies, generally in the areas of housing, expungement/record sealing, education, and court-imposed fines;
3) Collaborate and coordinate with youth-focused social service agencies on developing and implementing case plans to meet the legal and social needs of individual youth clients and families;
4) Work with public agencies including local shelters, social service providers, courts and public school districts to better address the needs of homeless youth and promote collaboration of efforts;
5) Develop and maintain relationships with local and statewide programs focused on eliminating homelessness and social service agencies providing services to youth and homeless families;
6) Create presentations, written tools, and guides, which may assist youth, families and providers with identifying legal barriers faced by homeless youth;
7) Conduct regular presentations and legal clinics at community-based agencies in the areas of education, housing, record sealing, and other barriers to obtaining stable housing and self-sufficiency.
8) Maintain accurate case records and provide timely reports on program activities and outcomes;
Expected start date December 1, 2018. Some travel in Hamilton County required. Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation required. Position is located in the Cincinnati area.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com
Children’s Law Center, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.