Youth in Transition Advocate
Children’s Law Center, Inc. is searching for a highly motivated individual to serve as CLC’s Youth in Transition advocate. Children’s Law Center, established in 1989, is a non-profit legal services center protecting the rights of children and youth to help them overcome barriers and transition into adulthood, better advocate for their needs, and successfully contribute to society.
Primary Responsibilities include:
1) Work with CLC’s Youth in Transition Project Coordinator & staff attorneys to support a multi-faceted youth re-entry and homeless youth initiative in Hamilton County, Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
2) Develop a Reentry/Transition case plan for youth clients in order to provide individual holistic advocacy—with a focus on obtaining stable housing, access to education and employment.
3) Collaborate and coordinate with youth, youth’s family, youth-focused social service agencies, and other key players in youth’s life to develop and implement case plans to meet the legal and social needs of individual youth clients and families.
4) Provide assistance and services in accordance with CLC’s Standards of Legal Representation, including standards of confidentiality, maintenance of accurate case records, and youth-led representation.
5) Identify any legal barriers the youth is facing and collaborate with CLC attorneys to provide legal representation and/or make referrals to local attorneys and legal service organizations.
6) Develop and maintain relationships with local and statewide youth reentry programs and social service agencies providing services to the target population.
7) Work with the Youth in Transition Project Coordinator to identify and participate in systemic public policy initiatives, external training and education programs, and communications work that can improve services to reentry youth at the state and local levels.
8) Create written tools, guides, and presentations which may assist youth, families and providers with better re-entry results.
1) A bachelor’s degree in social work or a J.D.
2) A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with youth in the juvenile justice, child welfare and/or homelessness systems.
3) A strong working knowledge of the juvenile and criminal justice systems, social service delivery systems, and education systems.
Some travel in Ohio and Northern Kentucky required. Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation required. Position is located in Covington, KY.
Children’s Law Center, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org